Sunday, June 21, 2009

D-Day is Coming

June 26, 2009

The date above has the ability to drastically change my life. IT, however, is not the end. On June 26, 2009, I will find out the results to my Brain MRI, my 72hr EEG, my EMG and all my labs and other tests. One reason why I know it's not the end is because my Radiologist Report from my MRI states, "CLOSE FOLLOW-UP IS SUGGESTED".

On June 26, 2009, I will walk into my Neuro's office with a list of questions that WILL be answered, a tape recorder to catch the stuff I may miss, and my husband by my side. No matter what comes out of her mouth, I will schedule a meeting with my GP for the following week so I may request a referral for a new Neurologist.

I've been ignoring my possible MS since my last test on Tuesday, June 16th. It just feels better when you pretend it's not there. I'm not expecting a diagnosis on Friday. Actually, I'm not expecting much of anything from that lady. I expect to feel confused, lost and maybe even sad. I don't expect good news, but I don't except terrible news either.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how June 26th changes me. Hey! A little rhyme. =)

By the way, I'm still picking glue out of my hair from the 72hr EEG. My hair has been through numerous washes and even spent a good 30 minutes in pool water.

No comments: