Friday, October 17, 2008

World's Ugliest Birthday Cake


What do you think? Do I win?

We celebrated "D's" 7th Birthday this past weekend and I decided to have a little fun with the cake. The party was Halloween themed and the cake was suppose to be black and orange but I had too much icing and not enough black food coloring so instead we had a purple and orange cake. 1st problem.

2nd problem. I had no idea WHAT I was doing or even how to go about doing it. But luckily, "D'' loved it and that was all that mattered. Who cares that I spent 3+ hours in the kitchen creating this monstrosity. :-/ On the up side, it tasted delicious and was much better then those $19.99 cake's from Wal-Mart. Barf!



2 comments:

The Smith Boys said...

I think it looks great! It looks black and orange in the picture!

Unknown said...

I like it! Hey and at least it tasted good. That's all the matters. Hope he had a great Birthday!