Monday, April 26, 2010

A Conversation With My Son

D: When I'm a teenager will you drop me off at the mall to shop by myself.

Me: Yes. I'll also drop you off at movies and other places. But I don't think you would want to be dropped off at the mall to shop. You'd probably want to go there to pick up chicks.

D: MOM!!! No I wouldn't! I don't even like girls.

Me: You will one day, trust me.

D: Maybe.

Me: You don't like any girls right now?

D: Well, yeah I do.

Me: WHO!?!?

D: She's a 4th grader.

Me: (Gasps) An older woman!?

D: (Laughing)

Me: What's her name?

D: Jessica.

Me: Does she like you?

D: I don't know.

Me: Is she pretty?

D: (Nods) Yes.

Me: Have you talked to her?

D: No. I just walk by and look at her.

Me: LMAO!!! So is she your first crush?

D: No.

Me: What!!!

D: I had a crush on a 2nd grader when I was in 2nd grade. She liked me too.

Me: (Hand on chest) My goodness! Have you kissed a girl?

D: NO!!! I'm only 8 Mom!

Me: I'm just making sure. Whew!!!

No comments: