Friday, June 26, 2009

Pain before Pleasure

We went to Universal Studios Hollywood yesterday and had a great time. The photo's will come later because, well, I had a little accident at the beginning of the day that made snapping photos a pain. Really, a PAIN. So once the family forwards their pics to me, I'll post some here. But until then, here's the pain.

I pull up to the valet at Universal and get out of the car. I have to unload 2 bags, 2 kids, a stroller and about 500 smaller things that come with keeping the kids happy and safe. I pop the trunk and go to pull out the stroller. We have one of those jogging strollers that just pops open when you grab the handle to unfold it. I grabbed the wrong spot and my right hand ended up in the "joint" (for lack of a better word) and was smashed.

If your anything like me, you may not want to look at the pics below. They're not terrible but the slightest bit of blood makes me dizzy. After smashing my hand, I take a moment (with the 3 valet guys looking on) to push the tears away and just get everything out of the car and get on my way. With blood coming out of my hand, one valet guy is just standing there looking at me. I said to him, "I'm done. Is there anything else you need from me?'' He said, "No." and I was on my way. Now that I think about it, I think the insensitive bastard was waiting for a tip. Pardon me Mr. Valet Guy for not digging my bloody hand into my purse and tipping you. My Coach purse thanks me, and you will survive without my $3 bucks!

I had to stop about 20 yards from the valet to squat down and breath through the tunnel vision that was coming from the excruciating pain. Then, when I got down to Universal level, I had to make another squat stop. I found out where the First Aid station was and made my way there with no more squat stops. For some reason, after having it cleaned and bandaged, I had to make 2 more squat stops before I was good to go. I am such a weenie.

This would've been easier to handle if the Hubs was there but he had to work and I hadn't meet up with the family yet. At this moment, I've taken the bandages off, cut off all the skin that was hanging off, and cleaned it again. My finger is still swollen and still numb. The nurse who treated me said that I may have pinched a nerve and that's the reason for the numbness. I can bend it so we're all good there.

And if you're wondering why the pictures are all the way at the bottom, it's because I can't look at them while I type this post. So I'll finish up, add the photo's quickly and be done with it.


We have a few. The Hubs does like my painting (below) and I'll find out all my test results today at 11am. I'll let you know what I find out.

No comments: