If last night is any indication on how my new year is going to go, I'll pass.
We retired early. Sean was just plain tired and I was ready for my birthday to begin. At about 10:34pm (to be exact) our house alarm went off. Better yet, our house alarm was freakin' blaring. It scared the crap out of me.
Once I realized what was happening, I turned to get out of bed and saw Sean scrunched down at my bedside. At the time, I knew exactly what he was doing. And then I heard the "click, click". Confirmation that he had retrieved our weapon and was ready to blast any mofo that dare enter our home.
I stood there, shaking like a leaf, for the few seconds it took Sean to clear the house. (What a great hubby. SWAT would be lucky to have him on their team. Except for the slipping part, I'll get to that later.) While waiting, I had 911 dialed in my phone and was ready to push send on the Hubs' call. I switched the bedroom light on and stayed put.
I didn't want to be mistaken for an intruder and have a bullet in my ass for my brithday.
We determined that the entry door from the garage to the house was left unlocked. It was so windy here last night that it blew hard enough to come through the garage, push the door open, and trip the alarm. Sean closed and locked the door, reset the alarm, secured the weapon, and we were off to dreamland again.
Sean and I woke and discussed last nights adventure. I had just fallen asleep when the alarm went off and he was in the middle of a dream that already had him on high alert.
He then said, "Did you see me slip?" "What?", I said. "Last night I rolled out of bed and ran around it to get the gun. But before I got there it was like I hit a patch of ice and I just slipped and fell on my ass." LMAO!! Damn! I missed that part.
My hubby, the Hero.
So far today...
- I've treated a headache from yesterday, that turned into a migraine after last night.
- I've requested a massage for the major pain in my neck. And no, I'm not talking about the kids this time. It's a real pain, surely from last nights stress and the equal need of a new pillow.
- I finished a wholesale order that was going to haunt me until it was done.
- 4 great cards received from the family. D made one himself and also gave me a store bought one. One from Bean and another from Daddy. Very funny. Will share one day soon.
- Breakfast. This is nothing new, the hubs is good to me and makes us breakfast many times a week.
- I found out we're going to Sea World tomorrow. Yippee!!! The kids are very excited and it should be a blast.
- A great gift from my Mom. Thank you so much. I love you!
Now I'm going to go and enjoy my birthday. Bean's getting a bath, courtesy of daddy. D is reading his school book. And I have Mickey Mouse muted on the big screen. Time to paint the nails, apply the makeup, and get ready for a party.
Bring on the cake.