Monday, November 23, 2009

Endurance...

Where did you go?

Because you're not here with me anymore. I worked out yesterday for the first time in about 10 months and I did horrible. Eight minutes into the elliptical machine my left knee gave out. Luckily, I caught myself and all was good.

Today, on the elliptical machine again, the same knee gave out on minute nine. Some improvement so I can't complain. My neuro actually asked me about my leg strength at a previous appointment and he thought my right leg was weaker. I don't know if the knee giving out thing is related to MS but just to make me feel good about my fitness level right now, I'm gonna say it is.

My supplements are underway, the diet's going well (cheated last night and it was YUMMY), and I'm working out. Yay Me! Now I just need to hold on to every little bit of motivation I can to maintain it.

And That's Why...

The Hubs and I are running a half marathon next year. I am so crazy for agreeing to this but I think it'll be a great motivator to get out there and exercise, stay healthy, run, and.... run some more.

It's later in the year so I have enough time to build my endurance and kick some ass! Did I mention that I hate running on pavement? I'm a treadmill girl, so..., this could get ugly.

BUT I'M GOING TO DO IT!

Hold me to it, ok? In case I get scared, or weak, or think I'm going to die.

To think that in less than a year from now I'm going to run 13.1 miles. HA! Crazy.

1 comment:

Ella said...

You can do it just keep saying "I can do this, I can do this" Good Luck.