Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Don't Wanna

This morning was shot number 5. A full row of Copaxone completed. This morning was also the first morning where I stood there for a moment and thought, "I don't wanna do this".

Each time I start a new spot, today was my thigh, I hesitate a bit. But this time it was a little different. I thought about the pain that was sure to come after injecting. I thought about the needle (inconspicuously hidden by the Autoject) going in. It may be covered but I have an excellent imagination and can see it shoot through my skin.

Then I got dizzy and had to pause for a moment.

A reminder to myself was recited over and over in my head, "Sarah, you gotta do this. Sarah, you gotta do this." Dammit! So I stood up, took aim, and fired. POW!

Shot 5 completed.

3 comments:

Nanny Deprived said...

Good for you Sarah! I've been thinking about you. You're a brave and strong woman.
Amanda

Mom said...

Hooray!!! You did it. Congrats!!! I knew you could.
Love Ya!

Sarah said...

Thank you ladies! :)