Friday, November 28, 2008

2008 LA Auto Show

I hope everyone had a happy, safe and delicious Thanksgiving. We did!

Before celebrating Thanksgiving with family and friends, the hubs and I went to the 2008 LA Auto Show. When we first walked in we were greeted by the gorgeous Cadillac's that are now (and about to be) on the market. I was checking out this beauty right here... A 2009 Cadillac XLR Covertible, do you hear the harp playing and the angels singing? I do. I LOVE this car & I have no doubt that'll turn my casual Mom days into attemps to remake the Fast & the Furious movie. Minus the kids of course.

After checking out the exterior, the Hubs pointed out that the car has touch sensitive door handles. So I gave it a try and thought it was pretty cool. Then I started to wonder, "Does it automatically assist you when you close the door like the BMW 745?" And what I mean by "auto assist" is, when you gently close your door, does it pull it closed the rest of the way?

I'm sorry to say, that we will never know the answer to that. After pulling the door open, I proceeded to shut the door but kept my hand on the touch sensitive pad to see if I could feel the car pulling the door closed. I didn't feel anything but my index finger getting slammed into the car.


OUCH!!! I looked at the Hubs and said, "My finger's stuck!" And he calmly said, "You're lying." After waiting a few seconds and discovering that my brave hubby wasn't going to assist in my finger removal, I quickly opened the door with my other hand. I started to laugh a bit because I couldn't believe how silly I was to leave my hand on the door while shutting it.

After another few seconds my eyes started to fill up with tears as the pain overwhelmed me. But I couldn't stop laughing. The hubs was laughing right along with me and maybe a little too much. (Giving the evil eye). The poor kids were just looking at us like we were crazy.

After a good 5 minutes of making a complete fool out of myself we continued on through the auto show. To my disappointment, I didn't get a free XLR out of it. Just some laughter from the medics who I went to after my finger tripled in size.

All and all, we had a great time and a wonderful evening. Here's some pics from the show.

2010 Camaro's


Mercedes, yummy!


I like this car because it matches the paint job on my husbands truck. It even has a red pin stripe between the black & silver like my hubby's.


"D's" favorite car. It had steering wheel's on both the driver and passenger side.

To my hubby, Happy Anniversay and thank you for being a loving, caring (except for the finger thing), helpful and strong man for me and our children. I love you very much and look forward to spending many, many, many, many more years with you.

3 comments:

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

This is why I love you so much- this is something I would do!!!

Happy Anniversary to one of my favorite couples. I look forward to the years ahead when we're sharing stories about dentures and depends!!!! ;)

Love you guys!

The Smith Boys said...

I hope that isn't your sewing finger! OUCH!

Anonymous said...

Are getting to be accident prone like someone else I know. What will you be damaging next????