Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mashed Potatoes for 25

Shoot me now!

"D's" school had a Thanksgiving lunch on Friday and I signed up for the mashed potatoes. I should've picked the corn, much easier and less messy. But, I figured since I can make mashed potatoes for 4, how hard can 25 be? LMAO!

Meet "Big ASS Pot". A pot so gigantic that we gave it a name and it has it's very own "Big ASS Pot" box ready and waiting for every time we move.


Thank God for "Big ASS Pot" because without it, I would've had to boil 3 seperate batches of potatoes.

So BIG, it takes up my entire sink. However, it was 3/4 full of potatoes.


Mommy's lil' helper, searching for a bowl big enough to hold & mix all of our potatoes & other ingredients. Didn't happen, don't own a bowl that size.


Drain and dump. Drain some more and...dump some more. Drain even more and dump again.


Now if I was smart, I would have mixed the potatoes and ingredients in "Big ASS Pot" but obviously, I was lacking that part of my brain that morning.


I may have went a little overboard on the butter. I told the hubs that I put a whole box in and he said, "You mean a whole stick?" And I said, "Nope! A whole box, 4 sticks!" Plus some sour cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder and milk.


The end result, after putting it in the oven to melt. Too much butter that ended up all over my oven.

But his school mates, teacher's and other parents seemed to like it. :-) The stuff that is bad for you is always Oh-S0-Yummy!

2 comments:

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

I have a big ass pot too!! LMAO
I may need it today just to mix my green bean casserole for 60!!

It's funny, when I was reading your post I was thinking to myself, "why doesn't she just use the big ass pot to mix all the potatoes in??" ;)

How's the new kitty?

Anonymous said...

The BIP is, without a doubt, my favorite tool for mixing mashed potatoes up.

Very cool post, and a very cool blog!