Friday, January 1, 2010

A Little Resolution

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I read somewhere that 80% of people make New Year's resolutions. Only 22% of those people keep them. The number one resolution - Get Healthy. The number two resolution - Quit Smoking.

I got those two covered. I don't smoke and I've been eating healthy and working out (again) since November.

Every year I set a few New Year resolutions for myself and I'll do the same this year. Only this time I'm doing it publicly so now I really need to try to follow through.

1. Stay strong and continue down my journey of health and happiness.

2. Be a better mother.

3. Volunteer.

4. Sell 1,000 Toss-Me-Not Sippy Cup Holders.

5. Get paid for 1 modeling gig.


My explanations -

1. Pretty self explanatory.

2. I think motherhood is a constant learning experience so there's always room for improvement.

3. I just want to give back. I haven't decided on which organization to work with yet but I know I want to help children, and/or people with disabilities.

4. A little business goal. :)

5. I've always wanted to model (just print or commercials) but over the last 8 years or so I've lost a lot of confidence in myself. This year, I'm saying "screw it!" and I'm going for it. I live 1-1/2 hours from one of the biggest cities in the modeling biz, LA. So why not? We'll see what happens.

I hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year and I wish you all the best in 2010. For me, this WILL be a better year than 2009.

No comments: