Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Little Bit of Relief courtesy of the Acu-Life Thera Pod

I know I have quite a few readers with MS, or just people who have general pain from life's little ailments. So I wanted to share a recent discovery with you.
I've been having a lot of neck pain lately and after visiting my physical therapist a few times, I really didn't find much relief.

Until....

I tried out the Acu-Life Thera Pod.

HEAVEN!

As you can see in the picture, it has Soothing 2-in-1 Therapy. My favorite was the soothing natural moist heat but the penetrating cold therapy was great too! No other product currently on the market combines the two.

I followed the directions and popped it in the microwave to immediately attack the pain in my lower back and neck with the moist heat. A minute and a half later I was relaxed on the couch with my pain melting away.

Part of the way through, the hubs started complaining about his ankle hurting.

"Bring it over here", I said.

The Acu-Life Thera Pod features a hands-free design that allows you to adjust the stretcy strap for a comfortable fit. I wrapped it around the Hubs' ankle and he sat in comfort for the next 20 minutes or so.
I asked him, "What do you think of it?" and he said, "It stayed warm for longer than I expected and it felt good."

I agree! After he was finished with it I used it on my neck. Almost an hour after I heated it, it was still warm. That's a real plus for me, as I don't want to have to keep re-heating it or use a heating pad that usually burns after the first few minutes.

I also used it on my right ankle which I sprained over a year ago. I still experience pain from it every now and then. It was nice to be able to wrap the Acu-Life Thera Pod around it, secure it with the strap, and continue on with my day. (For your viewing pleasure, picture of my severly sprained ankle below)

No comments: