Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sharing my Wisdom

I look like crap right now.

I'm 2 days in to the pain that comes with a wisdom tooth removal. And to think I was considering getting all 3 taken out. Ha! I don't think so.

The last time I had one removed I was 8 months preggo with Bean. No heavenly Vicodin pills for me then. I had to ride the pain out for the sake of the little angel growing inside of me. She was worth it of course, but I'll never forget that pain.

I told the doc of this, and then asked "You are going to prescribe me drugs, right?" He of course said "Yes" and I was good to go. Two stinging injections later (that pulled tears out of my eyes), I was numb.

The tooth was out in about 20 seconds and I didn't feel a thing.

Until...

I felt something hit the back of my throat. I thought one of the tools slipped out of the nurse or docs hand but when I heard them say, "Where'd it go?" I knew they were talking about my tooth.

I gave them a few more seconds to panic and then I put my hands up to say, "Get the hell out of my way so I can cough this thing up".

I leaned forward, let out a powerful cough, and watched my wisdom tooth come flying out of my mouth and land on my leg.

"There you go!'' I said.

I spent the next 8 hours gauzing it up to stop the bleeding. Then I got a little happy with the vicodin (and maybe a little brave too), and took the max dose. Two. Bad idea.

I spent the last few minutes of my evening puking up my dinner (Chicken and Stars soup).

That's probably too much information but I feel we're there. :)


Today is Valentine's Day. I'll be spending mine with the Hubs, at his job. But as long as I'm with him, I don't care where we are.

To all the lovers out there, have a wonderful day.

No comments: